*ALL CLASSES CANCELLED FOR MARCH / APRIL. PLEASE CHECK EMAIL IF REGISTERED FOR DETAILS*
All our classes are designed to be “hands-on” so you will make your own creation! The chef will only have a maximum of 9 participants so she can spend time with you and guide you through the process. Whether you are an experienced baker or you have never turned on an oven, our chefs will welcome you and adjust their teaching to your level. You will learn the techniques so you can do the recipes at home with confidence. You will leave the class with what you made as well as a recipe booklet. Classes are not refundable or exchangeable the 7 days leading up to each event.
In this 2-hour class, Chef Nadège will give you her recipes and share with you many tips to make this famous French treat to perfection. You will make cassis macarons, blackberry chocolate macarons as well as a gorgeous “Pretty in Pink” dessert with lemon Chantilly.
For all classes, each participant will take home a box of 8 macarons that they will have made as well as their Pretty in Pink dessert.
Pâte à choux class
Join the world of pastry and learn how to make pâte à choux! You will make the choux batter and pipe into a chocolate-passion éclair and lime & coconut choux. If that is not tempting enough, you will also make the famous French cake Saint-Honoré with a raspberry cream.
Canelé, madeleine and financier – Gourmandise class
Learn how to make the traditional patisserie that French people enjoy with their coffee! In this class you will learn how to make and take home:
– Canelé de Bordeaux, a cake with a rich custardy interior enclosed by a thin caramelized shell
– Madeleine in three different flavors (olive oil, honey and chocolate)
– Financier, a light and moist with a crisp exterior almond cake flavoured with beurre noisette
French classic desserts class
Become a true French patisserie chef by learning how to make 3 famous desserts:
– Lemon meringue tart, one of the best sellers in our stores,
– Paris-Brest, named after the bicycle race, it looks like a bicycle wheel with two choux pastry circles and a praline butter cream,
– Saint Honoré, named after the French patron saint of bakers and pastry chefs, a puff pastry base round dessert with choux pastry dipped in caramel
and topped with pastry cream and whipped cream.
Nadège Nourian is the chef and owner of Nadège Patisserie in Toronto, Canada. Since the opening of her eponymous shops in 2009, Nadège has delighted Torontonians with modern dessert creations. Showered with numerous accolades from critics, the press, and the blogosphere, Nadège is clearly viewed as a game changer in Toronto’s pastry scene. Born in Lyon, France, Nadège is a fourth generation pastry chef. Prior to opening her patisseries in Toronto, Nadège has worked alongside MOF’s in patisseries in France and in world-renowned and Michelin-starred restaurants.